This simulation of the continuous strip hot-dip galvanizing line allows you to control
the thickness of the zinc coating on each side of the steel strip by a combination of line
speed and "air knife" pressure controls.
How to use the simulation
- Use the drop-down menus to set the pressures in each of the air knives;
- Use the slider bar to control the line speed.
- Click and hold the mouse anywhere on the diagram to "freeze" the display.
- Observe visually how the coating thickness on either side is affected by line speed and
- Plot curves of coating thickness, t versus
line speed, v for the three different
pressures. A datasheet is provided to help you record